Monday, July 10, 2006

Shorn and Darfur...


The folks in Boone all know what I look like now and I hope are getting used to the 'new me'. However, those in the regions that I swept through still have a picture of me that blends well with that of the 'roughian' and scruffy biker. The picture of my mother and I sort of shows what I look like but I have now a clearer shot to show you all.

It feels so good to not have long hair. Long hair is hot and it gets tangled. Coupled with the full beard I had I was very warm on certain days.

Many of you heard me say that I was planning on returning to Sudan after this summer. As of this moment I have a verbal agreement with Samaritan's Purse and will be signing on the dotted line in the next couple of weeks. I am scheduled to return to Darfur in the early 20's of August and I am committing to at least six months with the possibility of extending a couple of more. I am excited at this opportunity for me and I look forward to reuniting with many of the Sudanese men with whom I became as brothers.

As always, I shall keep you all posted.

Regards,

Jonathan

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home