Saturday, July 01, 2006

End Act 2...

My Readers,

Today marks the end of my life as a vagabond. I set off from home in North Carolina on March 30 and three months and a day later returned from whence I came having added 12,025 miles of adventure and many great memories to my collection.

I will enjoy the comforts of home and family for the rest of the summer and then hopefully engage again in humanitarian work in Darfur.

I don't really view my blog as a place for me to rant and rave about whatever bothers me or even as a place to explore ideas and thoughts. Rather I see it as it has been so far and that is a place for me to post my journals of my adventures. Therefore you will not be hearing much from me over the next couple of months as I do not wish to bore you with the day-in day-out details of my life. Personally I wouldn't want to read the journal of someone who is living a life similar to mine here in the States. What intrigues me, and I hope you as well, is a life filled with adventures that the average person has only experienced through the writings of the one who has truly experienced them. Thus, when I return to Darfur, I shall begin again to translate the happenings of my life into words and pass them along to you.

I am grateful to those of you who have been reading these past months and also for those of you who passed along comments. I am still available through email and, while it lasts, in person here in Boone.

Regards,

Jonathan

2 Comments:

At 10:42 AM, Blogger Jonathan said...

You make it sound so depressing to be back here in Boone. It's not that bad. It's an adventure!

 
At 10:43 AM, Blogger Jonathan said...

By the way...

I hope you brought your king costume. You are expected to wear it on Wednesday night!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home