Monday, June 26, 2006

Of Ping Pong and Shouting...

Of Ping Pong and Shouting…
Tonight was a night to remember. I am still hot and sweaty from it even though this evening was nice and cool at 62 degrees. We played ping pong like you wouldn’t believe and in the entire evening we probably played somewhere around 15 games. Jeremy, Nathan, Jordan and I all smashed little orange balls back and forth for probably an hour and when the dust settled it was shown that I emerged wearing the champion’s belt having lost only one game. The only way to describe it is that I was in some sort of indestructible groove. It was glorious.

I think in the last two weeks of being here we’ve played close to 500 games of ping pong. It is a great break from the stress of filming and gives us a chance to let fly the angst and vigor we’ve built up after hours and hours of being stuck in our costumes. Thus our games are always very loud and exciting. We’re planning to video tape an evening with several cameras to catch the craziness.

I shall be cutting my hair on Thursday. This is monumental as I have not applied scissors to my hair since the middle of November, 2004. That is 20 months of growing. It started out as an experiment in the freedom of Darfur to see what I look like with long hair. According to some folks I look good with it but frankly I have come to despise it. It is always in the way and getting tangled and yada yada yada. I would have cut it long ago if it weren’t for this movie. Our characters are all long-haired men and so I have kept it long for this filming. As soon as we are finished I shall race to the scissors and start hacking away.

Considering how hot is has been I am very glad to see it all go. I’ve also got a full beard and combined with my super thick hair (thanks to my Greek heritage) I am like to heat up quickly and stay hot. We’re planning to have a beard cutting day where we all part with our facial hair in humorous and video taped fashion.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home