Wednesday, May 24, 2006

Inaugural Address...

I don't like the word 'blog'. I know it is from 'web log' but it conjurs up images for me of an overstuffed person sitting on an overstuffed couch overstuffing themselves with potato chips and just whimsically clacking the keys on their computer and posting nonsense for the rest of the world to read. I mean...come on.

However I realize the usefulness of such a medium and how it allows one to communicate with untold millions without ever invading the increasingly infringed upon privacy that a personal email account used to offer.

So I have finally broken down and set up my own blog as I expect that as long as I have adventures to live there will probably be some people who will want to know if I have survived them and the manner in which I do so.

The first one is going to be quite long as I have a build up of descriptions of what I have gone through so far on my cross country motorcycle trip. Most of it is just basic relating of what I've done without much flair but I suppose that now that I have means with which to continually update then I might be more faithful to post.

Pass this along to whoever you think might want to find out what I am up to and feel free to post comments or shoot me an email.

Regards,

Jonathan

3 Comments:

At 8:22 AM, Blogger Jonathan said...

Please don't sit on your overstuffed motorcycle seat overstuffing yourself with potato chips while you ride. Such a feat could easily result in such devastating results as me not being able to sit already overstuffed on my overstuffed couch overstuffing myself with potato chips reading your bog. Why? Obviously you can't post new blog updates if you are in the hospital or worse.

My request? Make sure you overstuff off the bike!

 
At 11:35 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

 
At 3:08 AM, Blogger Jonathan Drake said...

Not as it appears. DOC is Dickson Hendley's nickname, the guy I worked with in Sudan. What you speak of has nothing to do with this trip. This trip has been planned for over a year.

blogger.com automatically puts up that astroligical stuff...nothing I can do about it.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home